10 Recipes I Would Never Get Bored Of
I love food, especially when it’s full of colour and flavour. When it's time for me to try something new, I'm always in the lookout for savoury dishes. There's nothing less appetizing than a meal with repetitive consistency and flavour. For this reason, I decided to share with you my top 10 recipes to make at home:
1. Protein Pancakes from my nutritionist Maya Eid: This has become one of my absolute favourite breakfast recipes. It's high in protein and low in carbohydrates. These pancakes are guaranteed to keep you fuelled for hours. To top it off, I like adding greek or coconut yogurt, a splash of maple syrup and some fresh berries.
Lunch or Dinner
2. Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl from Delish Knowledge: This has been my most recent recipe discovery and I absolutely love the combination of its sweet, spicy and savoury flavours. This well balanced power bowl (or plate — depending on your dish situation) includes all necessary protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats to keep you going all day.
3. Quinoa, Butternut Squash And Kale Salad With Maple Candied Pecans from Not Enough Cinnamon: If you’re looking for something that will satisfy both your hunger and sweet tooth, this is it! The first time I tried this recipe I was instantly hooked for weeks. Something about the combination of all these colourful ingredients is just perfection. An absolute treat for both your eyes and mouth.
4. Creamy Leek and Potato Soup from Veggemo: The first time I tried leek and potato soup I felt like I was in heaven. I was visiting family and my sister's husband made it for dinner. At the time, I had recently arrived to Canada and I had no idea what a "leek" was, and to my surprise, everything about it was an absolute delight. Since then I've tried to recreate this delicious soup at home whenever I can.
5. Big Ass Salad by me: One afternoon when I came back home from work, I was starving and had no idea what to cook. Inventively, I decided to mix every single ingredient at reach and the result was an extraordinary and filling salad.The ingredients you see below include: kale, corn, peas, edamame, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, red kidney beans and alfalfa sprouts topped with sunflower seeds and extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Spinach Quiche Cups from Manila Spoon: Whenever I feel like combining eggs, mushrooms and spinach, this comes to mind. There's something about these oven-baked goodies that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It's tasty texture makes it a delectable high protein food — and of course I had to accompany it with fresh greens and veggies.
7. Spiced Vegan Lentil Soup from Cookie + Kate: I love making this soup during the winter months or when I'm feeling a cold coming on. It's packed with nutrients and vitamins, and always leaves you wanting another bowl.
Bonus: Rice and Beans (or as I would say in Spanish: arroz con porotos) by me: This recipe will always win by default. It takes me back to my childhood while living in Panama. This well-balanced meal consists of rice, beans, chicken (swapped for tofu) and a side salad. I promise that cooking dried beans from scratch is well-worth the effort as they’re full of protein, fibre, vitamins, and deliciousness.
8. Homemade Hummus from Blendtec: Hummus is one of my favourite on-the-go snacks. It's perfect because you can eat it with anything: veggie sticks, fruit, crackers, and more. I usually end up doubling the amount when making this recipe because it disappears instantly. It's so good that we end up devouring it within a few days.
9. Pumpkin Oat Cookies from Running On Real Food: I find this dessert to not be too sweet as it offers just the right amount of what you need when craving a little something extra after a meal. They're super easy to make and fairly healthy.
10. Chocolate Coconut Chia Seed Balls from Running On Real Food: These balls (or bars as the recipe suggests) are super quick and easy to make. They're the perfect balance between sweet and salty, and they have proven to be loved by everyone who tries them.... and there you have it!
I hope you get to try some of my personal favourite go-to meals. Which one would you like to try first? Maybe I'll share some with you next time.
Pin it for later!